Friday 29 November 2013

Critical Incident 2

I sat down with the student and as they spoke I knew this was going to be a sensitive issue so I tried to tap into the 'reflection-on-action' mode. I wanted to be there for the student…

I excused myself from the class and took the student with me (told the teacher I was team teaching with that I needed to leave for a bit). We went to an empty classroom and it was there that I was told what happened. It was a safeguarding issue. A serious one, which is why I am not going to go into detail but I checked with the student and was also informed by the tutor that the college is aware of the situation and are setting up counselling for the learner. I tried to be a supportive, caring and objective. I asked about the learner's well being and support they will receive. That was the most I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment