Tuesday 1 October 2013

EMA

I spoke to my mentor about my 'friendship' with the students. I was worried that I was being 'friend zoned' and although it was explained to me that it can be 'controled', I am not sure on how to do that because I like being myself in class. I like the mixture of banter and teaching. Anyway, I spoke to my mentor about it and he pointed out that if they do like and respect me, they will listen to me and if they don't, I don't have to worry about the 'friend zone' anymore. He is right. That took my worry away quiet quickly.

I noticed that students would change the way they behaved in front of certain teachers. e.g. some students ate in class. I did not say anything because it was not my class but I picture myself being strict. This is because of the way I have been taught in the past. Still, I should keep in mind that in those times we had EMA, which I think played a huge part in keeping students coming in on time and completing work. I find it a shame that it was gotten rid of because I really do think it was a big motivator, in fact one of the students in my class said today that of EMA was still around more students would be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment