Monday 7 October 2013

Feedback


I noticed in one observation that students could not understand the teachers writing when giving feedback. This was both frustrating and amusing as it reminded me of many times I could not understand my past teachers' rushed or badly written feedback. 

I was thinking about ways in which I could give feedback and thought that I should copy my past teacher who done it on word processor. Although it might be a little time consuming it would be clearer for students and allow me to keep records of feedback and chase any required improvements.

I also think that students find it difficult to relate their to feedback due to the grading criteria. This is something I will need to think about when I have my own class. I think I might attach a checklist to students draft work showing what they have achieved and what they need to do in order to achieve the grades they are aiming for. 





No comments:

Post a Comment