Wednesday 4 December 2013

Creative Arts


At my placement, I am fortunate enough to be a part of the creative arts team, which is a tight group of teachers who constantly discuss and share advice, ideas on lesson planning and difficulties with learners. They are like a small family.
Even though I have one mentor, it sometimes feels like I have a couple. I get a lot of advice and support from most, if not all, the teachers that work within that department. This has helped my confidence and has allowed me to explore other methods and strategies of teaching.

I often like to listen to their conversations because I learn so much from them. I learn a lot about the institution, teaching as a vocation and the diversity of learners. From their experience I understand further that teaching is something that is very much underestimated within our society and that parents rely on us to help their children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment