Friday 17 January 2014

Homework


I have come to the conclusion that I need to get the students to do homework. Sadly, they never do homework and this is obvious from the fact that they have a tendency to hand in their assignments late. I was told that it is a requirement for learners to do a minimum of 5 hours homework and reading outside of college but this is not being emulated with the year 2 BTEC media class. 

I gave the learners feedback and told them to improve their worksheets, complete the extension tasks and work on documentary photography. I half heartedly asked them to do it over the weekend and give it to me on monday. To be honest I am expecting a disappointing result but I am going to prepare myself for this:

  • Ask why it has not be done (Get their side of the story)
  • Reward (hopefully) whoever has completed it through accommodation cards
  • Highlight time management and responsibility 
  • Make connections with university and deadlines 
  • Make connections with the workplace and deadline 
  • Highlight the fact that I am a trainee student teacher and I am juggling work, university and teaching and still manage to meet deadlines. 
  • Keep them back to complete the work if I need to 

I need to try get leaners to do homework. This is where I will really test behaviourism and humanism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment